Armed Forces Tax Information

What is the tax ramifications of military differential pay?

Military differential pay is wages and should be reported in box 1 of Form W-2 as wages for income tax purposes. Military differential pay is includible as wages for income tax purposes on Form W-2, but is excludable from social security and Medicare taxes (FICA).

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Armed Forces Tax Information" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.