C Corporations

Do I have to make federal tax deposits electronically?

Yes. Beginning 1/1/11 you must use electronic funds transfer to make all federal tax deposits for employment tax's, corporation tax's and excise tax's. Forms 8109- and 8109-B Federal Tax Deposit Coupons can not be used after 12/31/10. Generally electronic funds transfer are made using the EFTPS system. If you do not use EFTPS you can arrange for a trusted third party to make deposits on your behalf such as a payroll service or financial institution. To enroll in EFTPS visit www.eftps.gov or call 1-800-555-4477. Speak to your local CPA about assisting you in signing up to the Federal Tax Payment System.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "C Corporations" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.