Capital Gains & Losses

Why don't my option sales appear on form 1099 ?

The IRS does not require that brokerage firms report options sales on form 1099-B. The IRS does require brokerage firms to report the assignment or exercise of options if cash is received as a result of the assignment or exercise.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Capital Gains & Losses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.