Capital Gains & Losses

Employee stock options

If your stock option is granted under a employee stock option plan, the granting or exercise of the option is not included as income on your tax return. You will report either the income or loss on IRS Schedule D when you sell the stock that you purchased by exercising the option. Speak to your local CPA about the tax strategies with your options.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Capital Gains & Losses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.