Capital Gains & Losses

Sale of section 1244 small business stock - fully taxable?

For Section 1244 losses, a taxpayer can claim an annual maximum of $50,000, if single, or $100,000 for a married couple. Any loss over this amount is a capital loss.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Capital Gains & Losses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.