College Planning & Financial Aid

If I have transmitted my Renewal FAFSA over the Web , should I also send in my paper Renewal FAFSA ?

No. Wait for the Student Aid Report (SAR) that contains the results of your first application. FAFSA will mail you this document once we have finished processing your application, usually within two weeks. At that time, if you need to make any corrections to your application, you can use FAFSA Corrections on the Web to update your information. To access FAFSA Corrections on the Web, select the "Entering a FAFSA Online" link from the FAFSA on the Web home page at, and select "Make Corrections." Choose the Corrections" option, make the necessary corrections, and submit your changes. You can check the status of your application by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800/4-FEDAID (800/433-3243)/TTY: 800/730-8913 or 319/337-5665, or by selecting "Entering a FAFSA Online" from the FAFSA on the Web home page, and choosing the "Check My Submitted FAFSA" option.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "College Planning & Financial Aid" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.