College Planning & Financial Aid

Are my Work Study earnings taxable on my tax return ?

The money you earn from Federal Work Study is generally subject to Federal and State income tax but exempt from Social Security taxes. This is provided you are enrolled full time, and work less than half-time.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "College Planning & Financial Aid" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.