Divorce & Marriage Issues

I receive both alimony and child support for my children . Is either payment taxable ?

Alimony or separate maintenance payments must be included on your tax return as income in the year received. Child support is not taxable and not reportable. Likewise your ex-spouse can deduct the alimony but cannot deduct the child support.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Divorce & Marriage Issues" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.