Divorce & Marriage Issues

Married with children, did not live with my spouse. Do I have to file a joint tax return?

If you did not live with your spouse for the last 6 months of the current tax year and you maintained a household for your dependent child, then you may file as a "Head of Household" filing status. Head of household filing status is better than married filing separately or single. You should speak to your local CPA prior to filing your tax return.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Divorce & Marriage Issues" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.