Divorce & Marriage Issues

Alimony - still living in the same house as spouse

Generally, alimony payments are not taxable or deductible if you live in the same household as your divorced or legally separated spouse. But, if you are separated under a written agreement, but not legally separated under a decree of divorce or separate maintenance, then you may claim the deduction. Speak to your local CPA about the deductibility of your alimony payments.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Divorce & Marriage Issues" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.