Filing Status & Requirements

Can I get an extension to file?

If you can’t file your return on time, you can file an extension with form 4868. While everyone is entitled to an automatic six month extension to file, people misunderstand that this automatic extension form only gives you more time to file and not more time to pay.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Filing Status & Requirements" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.