Form 1099

1099-MISC - Filing Requirements

Generally, file Form 1099-Misc for each person you paid at least $600 in services, rents, prizes and awards, other income payments or medical and health care payments. Gross proceeds of $600 or more paid to an Attorney. Any recipient with federal or state withholding regardless of amount. At least $10 paid for Royalties or Broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest Any fishing boat proceeds. Generally, payments to corporations (except of Legal Services) are exempt from the filing requirements.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Form 1099" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.