Income Reporting from U.S. Possessions

Self Employement Tax

If you have no U.S. filing requirements but have income that is effectively connected with a trade or business in Puerto Rico, you must file Form 1040-SS or Form 1040-PR with the United States to report your self-employment income and if necessary pay self-employment tax.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Income Reporting from U.S. Possessions" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.