Is the reimbursement for the loss on the sale of my house due to my moving to a new job location taxable?

Yes. The IRS considers the reimbursement amount taxable wages and it should be included on your W-2. It will be reportable on IRS Form 1040 line 7 as wages.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Losses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.