Medical Expenses

Health insurance premiums - S corporation

If you are a more than a 2% stockholder, the health insurance premiums paid by your S corporation employer for you and your family is treated as additional wages to you. The amount will be reported on your Form W-2. You are entitled to deduct the health insurance premium income amount as an adjustment to income on your tax return. The adjustment will be reported on IRS Form 1040, page 1, Line 29.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Medical Expenses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.