Miscellaneous Income

Babysitting income - subject to SE tax

Generally, most babysitters are not employees of the parents they are providing babysitting services for, unless they are employees of a daycare or childcare center. Self-employed babysitters file tax returns using the 1040 Schedule C and SE to report their earnings. Depending upon the babysitter's tax liabilities, the babysitter may be required to remit quarterly estimated taxes.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Miscellaneous Income" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.