Miscellaneous Income

Minister's housing allowances

Generally not. A housing allowance paid to you as part of your salary is not income if you use it in the year received to provide a home or to pay utilities for a home that you are provided. The excluded amount must be considered reasonable compensation. Other criteria and provisions may apply. Speak to your local CPA for more details.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Miscellaneous Income" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.