Rental Expenses

Is the advanced rental income I received reportable in the current year?

Generally yes, For Cash basis taxpayers, prepaid rents or advances of rental income are reportable in the current year. Enter your total rental income and expenses on IRS Schedule E.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Rental Expenses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.