Residential Energy Credit

Does my Rental Property improvement qualify for the Residential Energy Credit?

No.You may be able to take the credits if you made energy saving improvements to your Home located in the United States in the current year. A home is where you lived in the current year and can include a house, houseboat, mobile home, cooperative apartment, condominium, and a manufactured home that conforms to Federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards. Your main home is generally the home where you live most of the time. A temporary absence due to special circumstances, such as illness, education, business, military service, or vacation, will not change your main home.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Residential Energy Credit" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.