Roth IRAs

Is it too late to re-characterize my Roth IRA to a conventional IRA if I already filed my current year's return ?

No. You may re-characterize your Roth IRA to a conventional IRA by filing an amended return. You would file IRS Form 1040X with Form 8606. This would enable you to get a refund on the Roth conversion payment amount you already paid with the original 1040 income tax return.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Roth IRAs" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.