Self-Employment Taxes

Self Employement Tax calculation - 2013

The Self-employment (SE) Tax of 15.3% consists of 12.4% for Social Security and 2.9% for Medicare. After multiplying your Sole Proprietorship’s Net Earnings by .9235, the combined 15.3% rate applies to the maximum taxable earnings base of $113,700 or less and the 2.9% rate applies to all taxable earnings exceeding $113,700.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Self-Employment Taxes" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.