Small Business Services

Should I not report the interest income that was reported on Form 1099-INT , that was incorrectly sent to me ?

In order to avoid any future problems and to avoid any mismatching reports with the IRS, you should include this amount on IRS Schedule B, both as a positive and negative amount. Enter the Form 1099-INT amount on Schedule B, line 1 as income. Enter the same amount as a negative adjustment on Schedule B, line 1 and enter "Nominee Distribution" as the negative adjustment description. Speak to your local CPA if you have any questions about the reporting of this incorrect interest.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Small Business Services" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.