Where/How Do I File?

How do I get a Social Security number for my nonresident alien dependent ?

You need to fill out Form SS-5-FS, which can be obtained either from your local CPA or from the Social Security Administration. The SSA website is http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ In addition to using the SSA website, you can call SSA toll-free at 1-800-772-1213.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Where/How Do I File?" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.