Where/How Do I File?

Can I pay my Federal Income Tax by credit card ?

A number of electronic payment options are available to taxpayers. Payments can be made online, by phone using a credit or debit card or through the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System. Taxpayers who e-file their returns may use the electronic funds withdrawal option for submitting an electronic payment. It’s possible, for example, to e-file in February or March but schedule the payment for withdrawal as late as April 15.Information on these options can be found on the Electronic Payment Options Home Page of IRS.gov. Yes. To pay by credit card, debit card or EFTPS go to irs.gov/e-pay. Generally taxpayers will be able to make payments using American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa. Note that Convenience fees (up to 2.35%) will be added to the amount due.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Where/How Do I File?" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.