Where/How Do I File?

Social Security- getting records

In light of the current budget situation, SS has suspended issuing Social Security Statements.To request a detailed statement of your employment history, Go to the Social Security Administration website at http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/72 and click on the Request for Social Security Earnings Information and mail it to the address on page two of the form. The Social Security Administration says to “Please allow four months from the date you submit the form for a response.”

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Where/How Do I File?" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.