Where/How Do I File?

How do I contact my Taxpayer Advocate?

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS. They help taxpayers whose problems with the IRS are causing financial difficulties; who have tried but have not been able to resolve their problems with the IRS; and those who believe an IRS system or procedure is not working as it should. You can call your local advocate, whose number is in your phone book, or via the Internet at Taxpayer Advocate Service – at www.irs.gov/advocate or You can also call 1-877-777-4778 . Call or write to the IRS. Keep records of all of your attempts to contact an agent. Fill out IRS Form 911 if you cannot resolve conflict or find resolution through an IRS agent. File a complaint with the Inspector General if you need to report cases of fraud or corruption by an IRS employee.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Where/How Do I File?" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.