Bookkeeping & Write-up

How do I amend Federal Unemployment Form 940 ?

You use the current year Form 940 to amend a return that you previously filed in the current year. If you are amending a return for a previous year, use the previous year's Form 940. Follow these steps: Use a paper return to amend a Form 940 filed under an electronic filing program. Check the amended return box in the top right corner of Form 940, page 1, box a, Fill in all the amounts that should have been on the original form. Sign the form .Attach an explanation of why you are amending your return. File the amended return using the Without a payment address (even if a payment is included) under Where Do You File? On page 2.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Bookkeeping & Write-up" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.