Bookkeeping & Write-up

How do I submit my federal payroll withholding to the IRS ?

Beginning 1/1/11 you must use electronic funds transfer to make all federal tax deposits for employment taxes, corporation tax's and excise taxes. Forms 8109- and 8109-B Federal Tax Deposit Coupons cannot be used after 12/31/10. Generally electronic funds transfers are made using the EFTPS system. If you do not use EFTPS you can arrange for a trusted third party to make deposits on your behalf such as a payroll service or financial institution. To enroll in EFTPS visit or call 1-800-555-4477 1-800-555-4477. Speak to your local CPA about assisting you in signing up to the Federal Tax Payment System.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Bookkeeping & Write-up" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.