Business Start-ups

What do I need to open a bank account for my new business?

If you are a sole proprietor or are a involved in a partnership, you are going to need a certificate of doing business and a Federal ID number. The certificate is usually obtained at the county or township hall in the county or township you are doing business. If you are incorporated, the bank will require a copy of your filing receipt or certificate of incorporation, your corporate seal and your Federal ID#. A CPA can obtain your Federal ID number and even incorporate your business for you.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Business Start-ups" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.