Business Start-ups

What form do I file to apply for an Employer Identification Number ( EIN ) ?

You can file online Form SS-4. Go to and click on Employer ID number. Your local IRS Service Center can also assist you in getting a Federal EIN. Call IRS at 1 800-829-4933.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Business Start-ups" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.