Business Start-ups

I started a new business . Where do I find information on how to file Forms W-2 ?

W-2 forms should be furnished to your employees by January 31. It is your responsibility as an employer to file Forms W-2 with the Social Security Administration (SSA) for your employees which will show the wages paid and taxes withheld for the year. You must send Copy A to the SSA with Form W-3 by February 28. Form W-3 is a summary form that shows the total of all W-2's being sent. Go to the IRS website or get Publication 15, Circular E, Employer's Tax Guide or Forms and publications can be requested by calling 1-800-829-3676.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Business Start-ups" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.