Incorporation Services

Must I file a D.B.A. ( Doing Business As ) certificate?

Individuals and unincorporated entities (sole proprietorships)that regularly conduct business using an assumed name often referred to as a dba must file an assumed name certificate with the county clerk in each county in which business premises are maintained. If corporations, limited liability companies or limited partnerships, entities created by filing with the secretary of state, do business with a name that is different than the name set forth in the organizational documents, they must file assumed name certificates in the county or counties where the registered office and the principal office are located, and must also file with the secretary of state.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Incorporation Services" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.