Small Business Services

Where do I file Form 5500 ?

Plan sponsors must generally file the return on the last day of the seventh month after their plan year ends (if that due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal holiday, then it may be filed on the next business day). Forms 5500 and 5500-SF must be filed electronically through the DOL’s Employee Retirement Income Security Act Filing Acceptance System (EFAST2). Use Form 5558 to request a 2 and a half month extension.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Small Business Services" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.