Small Business Services

What forms should an employer ask an independent contractor to fill out?

You should require all your independent contractors to fill out IRS Form W-9. Their social security or employer identification number will be listed on this document for your use on required forms to be filed with the IRS and other taxing authorities. A penalty can be levied against you, the employer for omission of this information on certain forms.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Small Business Services" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.