Taxes - My Tax Return

How do I report misconduct and abuse by a IRS employee ?

Call or write to the IRS. Keep records of all of your attempts to contact an agent. Be polite and specific when calling, and refrain from becoming incoherent if you are feeling anxiety. Fill out IRS Form 911 if you cannot resolve conflict or find resolution through an IRS agent. Write your complaints in this form using blue or black ink. Be specific and complete all information requested. File a complaint with the Inspector General if you need to report cases of fraud or corruption by an IRS employee or contractor. Do not file complaints about your personal tax issues with this agency. Give details and have evidence of the violation or illegal activity in the complaint.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Taxes - My Tax Return" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.