Taxes - My Tax Return

Can my Federal tax refund be used to pay other debts ?

Federal and state agencies refer to the IRS the names and social security numbers of taxpayers who are behind in their support payments, taxes, and loans. Your federal tax refund may not be refunded to you if you are delinquent in child support payments or you have a past due federal debt such as a student loan. Your refund may be used to pay other debts you owe.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Taxes - My Tax Return" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.