Taxes - My Tax Return

Does a Power of Attorney stay in effect for more than 1 year ?

When you complete Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative Form 2848, you must enter the type of tax, the tax form number, and the year or period(s) for which the power is granted for. You can list returns for any number of specified years or periods that have already ended and returns for years or periods that will end no later than three years from the date the form is signed. A general reference to "all years," "all periods," or "all taxes" is not allowable. Form 2848 will be returned to you for correction if you use these general references.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Taxes - My Tax Return" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.