Taxes - My Tax Return

How do I claim a refund for a deceased taxpayer?

If you are filing a joint tax return as a surviving spouse, you only need to file the joint tax return to claim the refund. If you are a court appointed representative, file the return and attach the certificate verifying your appointment. All other filers must file the return with IRS Form 1310. Speak to your local CPA about the filing requirements.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Taxes - My Tax Return" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.